Bicycle Ambulance

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A NEW CHAPTER BEGINS

I am resting comfortably back in the lap of luxury.  I still continue to think of my friends in Mozambique every day.  It is hard to forget.  Jonathan Fischer put together a nice piece of video work that I'll admit I was a little embarrassed by.  I tried to get him to dance and let me take video but he declined.  After watching the spiritual transformation that takes place in these individuals as they sang and danced, I couldn't help but feel jealous and sorry at the same time, for in many cases this is all they had, and the release from the day to day struggle was real.  I crawled out of my 2,000 pound shell and tried to dance.  The people really seemed to get a kick out of seeing a white boy try to dance.  I was surprised to find out from Joao that after I left he visited a village I had danced in a few weeks later and a woman approached him and asked if he would teach her the dance that the Doctor did.  I at least have one follower in Africa.  See what you think!
http://youtu.be/TLE4TNioofY

Margie and her group will be in Beira on Tuesday and off and running on Wednesday.  Stay tuned as she will continue this blog with the great work she and her volunteers will be doing.  If you are interested in sharing some of your talents with the people of Mozambique please contact the good people at
http://careforlife.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment